Are you trying to decide about cultured marble vanity tops vs custom marble vanity tops? Cultured marble is not a common term people hear often. But some homeowners end up choosing it for vanity tops for their versatility in styles and shapes. However, you should know a few things about cultured marble before choosing your vanity top. Know what it is and everything there is to know about it.
What Are Cultured Marble Vanity Tops?
Cultured marble vanity tops are formed by a combination of marble dust fillers, polyester, resin, and pigments hardened by a catalyst. The mixture is then poured into a mold coated with a clear gel that forms a nonporous, hard, and transparent surface on the material. After removing the mixture from the mold, it can be polished to shine or given a honed, matte finish. So, cultured marble vanity tops are not entirely synthetic material as most people believe.
However, cultured marble vanity tops are also not typically a custom vanity top. Generally, they are manufactured and sold at specific sizes, designs, and colors. This greatly limits the design capabilities but makes it convenient for some cabinets that use standard sizes. Here are a few more features of cultured marble vanity tops.
Features of Cultured Marble Vanity Tops
Most homeowners prefer cultured marble vanity tops because they are:
- Beautiful: During the casting process, different veining and patterns can be added to create depth and character similar to the natural marble vanity tops.
- Durable: Cultured marble vanity tops are nonporous; so, they are very tough and resistant to chips, mildew, and stains.
- Low Maintenance: Cultured marble vanity tops do not require sealing and can be cleaned easily with non-abrasive products.
- Economical: Amazingly, cultured marble vanity tops are less expensive to fabricate and will increase the worth of a home like the natural stone products. However, the cost difference could be much smaller then what you think to get a custom marble vanity.
- Easy Selection Process: Cultured marble vanity tops have a range of color options and only a few different styles so you would not be overwhelmed with options.
Why Buy Custom Marble Vanity Tops VS. Cultured Marble Vanity Tops
Cultured marble vanity tops can be a good choice for a DIY project. However, even with a slight advantage in cost, ease of selection, and low maintenance the advantages of a custom marble vanity can provide a much greater value.
Diverse Styles, Designs, and Colors
Due to the process of manufacturing cultured marble vanity tops, there is a limit to the level of creativity and ingenuity that can be produced. Hence, the possibilities of styles, designs, and colors are very limited. If you a different size, color, or style then the few options with cultured marble vanity tops then a custom marble vanity top would give you that flexibility.
Custom Finish & Style
After the casting process, cultured marble vanity tops are coated with a clear finish which can be high gloss or satin. These are the standard options and you are not able to change after purchase. With a custom marble vanity top you are able to get any finish, style, or edging that fits the design you want.
Cultured marble vanity tops are easy to maintain. Due to their nonporous feature, cultured marble vanity tops need not be sealed or re-sealed year after year and no grout lines to clean. This can be a great benefit however, with advancements in sealers and the ease of the sealing process, it may not be worth the trade off if you’re not getting a countertop that you absolutely love.
So, if you are considering buying vanity tops for your bathroom remodeling or construction project, we would recommend custom marble vanity tops as a perfect substitution for cultured marble vanity tops- they are much more versatile, beautiful, and increase the overall value of a home. Contact TB Marble & Granite for high-quality custom marble vanity tops at factory direct prices. Visit https://marblegranitecountertopstampa.com/ for more information.