I. Quartzite vs Quartz : Overview
II. Factors to Consider when Choosing
III. Benefits of Choosing Quartzite Countertops
IV. Benefits of Choosing Quartz Countertops
V. Which is Better for Tampa?
Are you planning an update to your Tampa home and considering quartzite vs quartz countertops to elevate your design? Today we’ll discuss the differences between these two options so that you can make an educated decision when selecting countertops for your kitchen or bathroom.
Quartzite vs Quartz : Overview
To start, let’s take a look at quartzite. A popular choice for homes in Tampa, quartzite is metamorphic rock that has become hardened over time due to heat and pressure. Formed from sandstone and quartz, quartzite is one of the harder, more durable stones you can buy, making it ideal for kitchen countertops – you won’t have to worry about scratches and chips! Quartzite also comes in a range of colors, giving you plenty of choices to coordinate with your home’s existing colors or to create a new look.
Now, let’s move on to quartz. Unlike quartzite, quartz is an engineered stone that’s composed of 93% natural quartz and 7% acrylic resin. It’s perfect for those looking for a low-maintenance, non-porous stone that’s also extremely durable and doesn’t require a sealant. Plus, quartz countertop fabrication comes with a wide range of colors and patterns – from white to black, natural stone to speckled – and can even mimic the look of marble for a lower price.
Factors to Consider When Choosing
Now that you know more about quartzite vs quartz countertops, what should you consider when making your choice?
- Cost: Quartzite countertop is more expensive than quartz, so consider your budget.
- Installation: Quartzite is very heavy and needs special care during installation.
- Durability: Quartzite is very durable, while quartz can scratch more easily.
- Maintenance: Quartzite requires sealing every few years; quartz does not.
- Color Options: Both quartzite and quartz provide plenty of colors and patterns.
Benefits of Choosing Quartzite Countertops
- Durability: As quartzite is a natural stone, it’s able to withstand high temperatures without burning or cracking.
- Beautiful: Quartzite countertops come in an array of shades, from white and gray to pink and purple, so you have plenty of options to suit your home’s décor.
- Low Maintenance: With regular sealing, quartzite can stand up to heavy use and require minimal attention.
Benefits of Choosing Quartz Countertops
- Lower Cost: The cost of quartz countertops is typically lower than quartzite.
- Wide Range of Colors: You can find quartz countertops in many different colors and patterns, from marble to granite-looking designs.
- Easy to Clean: Quartz does not need to be sealed, making it very easy to take care of and keep clean.
Which is Better for Tampa?
When it comes to choosing between quartzite vs quartz countertops for your Tampa home, the best option will come down to your budget and needs. Quartzite countertops tend to be more expensive but are more durable, while quartz countertops are more affordable but require more upkeep.
For those who want the best of both worlds, the best solution lies with the Tampa Bay Marble & Granite company. They specialize in both quartzite and quartz countertops and will work directly with you to find the perfect materials, colors, and textures to match your kitchen or bathroom. Plus, they handle the entire installation process from start to finish, so you won’t have to worry about a thing.
Here are just some of the benefits of working with Tampa Bay Marble & Granite:
- Experienced team of professionals
- Free onsite consultation
- Comprehensive warranties
- Wide range of products & services
- High-quality materials & workmanship
In the end, whether it’s quartzite or quartz countertops you’re after, Tampa Bay Marble & Granite has got you covered. With their knowledgeable staff, top-notch materials and services, and full installation process, you can be sure that you’ll get the exact look you’re after for your Tampa home.
When deciding between quartzite vs quartz in Tampa for your home, the best option is often to choose a local, experienced company like Tampa Bay Marble & Granite. They will provide the best in countertop materials, services, and installation, so you can be sure that your home will look its very best. To learn more, visit marblegranitecountertopstampa.com Tampa Bay Marble & Granite.